Cameroon – Poetry Contest
HOFNA Cameroon, in partnership with Sisterspeak237, AFCIG, CREED, 1Task1Job and Women for a Change Cameroon is organizing a National Spoken Word/Poetry contest, as part of the Project – One Cameroon Initiative.
As part of the Project – One Cameroon Initiative, the purpose of the contest is to engage especially young Cameroonians from all religious backgrounds to promote religious tolerance and a culture of peace in Cameroon.
Contest Terms and Conditions
- Entries for the contest must be on the subject of ‘Religious Tolerance’. The phrases ‘One Cameroon’ and ‘religious tolerance’ should be used in the poems.
- The closing date for entries is 18th July 2016.
- Entrants can submit up to two poems.
- Entries must be written in English, and be no more than 48 lines in length snd will be sent as an attachment in the form of doc or pdf
- Name and address of the poet must not be included on same page as text of the poem, since entries are judged anonymously.
- Each poem must be the original work of the author, and must not have been previously published, broadcast or submitted to another competition.
- In addition to submitting their poems to the designated email addresses below, contestants should also put up their poems on their Facebook pages and tag Hope for the Needy Association (Hofna) Cameroon . Each poem should be put up with the hashtag #OneCameroon
- Poems submitted in audio version are highly welcome.
- Winners only, will be notified and invited to attend an awards ceremony on the 30th of July 2016. The best 3 poems will be presented during the award ceremony, organized by HOFNA, Sisterspeak237 and partners. Best 3 poems will receive prices as follows: 1st Price: 50 000FCFA 2nd Price: 30. 000FCFA 3rd Price: 20 000FCFA.
- The judges ’decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into concerning this decision.
- Entries will be made via email.
- HOFNA and her partners reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to modify, cancel or suspend this Contest should any external circumstances arise which are beyond their reasonable control.
- Entrants must comply with these rules, and will be deemed to have received and understood the rules if they participate in the Contest.
- HOFNA and her partners will be allowed to publish submitted poems on their sites and other official publications.
Contestants should submit entries to firstname.lastname@example.org Cc: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com
Pingback: Kurated 0003 29th June 2016 | Kamga's Blog