Duty Station: Buea , Cameroon
The successful candidate will manage the South West antenna of GIZ’s natural resource management program ProPSFE. S/he is responsible for the GIZ contribution to the Program for Sustainable Management of Natural Resources based in the South West Region of Cameroon (PSMNR).
1. Planning, coordination, conception, implementation and monitoring of activities. The position holder,
• Coordinates the GIZ contribution to PSMNR with the other parties in Buea
• Conceptualizes and monitors the capacity development process of MINFOF Park Service staff and partners with regard to collaborative management approach, the improvement of selected agricultural value chains, income generating activities and certain infrastructure measures.
• Reports quarterly on the capacity development of counterparts(on basis of TA activity reports and monitoring of work plans);
• Assists Park Conservator and their Technical Assistant in compilation of activity monitoring data and impact assessments;
• Coordinates communication between RDFOF, Program consultant, conservation partners and GIZ-team on all conceptual and institutional issues;
2. Financial and logistics management of the antenna The position holder:
• Manages GIZ-funds (including budget planning and consumption follow-up) and equipment,
• Supervises the administrative management of the antenna
3. Human resources management and leadership of national personal and expatriate Technical Assistants (TA) The position holder
• provides multifaceted support and coordination to technical assistants that enables them to achieve their tasks and objectives;
• manages directly all national antenna staff(appr.4-7); including leave planning, evaluation, disciplinary measures, training proposals concerting with the programme coordinator,
• follow up antenna staff health insurance registration and HIV-Mainstreaming in collaboration with the ProPSFE coordination office;
Required qualifications •
University degree in a field related to agriculture, forestry, environmental science, urban planning and regional development or management of natural resources
• Candidates are required to include a written and signed application letter, an up to date curriculum vitae, copies of certificates and diplomas and reference letter
• At least 10 years experience professional experience and at least 5 years in the management of cooperation projects
• Sound knowledge and experience in the conservation of biodiversity, protected areas management and rural development
• Dealing constructively with the various stakeholders – development workers, government institutions, the donor community, the rural population, private sector, etc.
• high commitment to teamwork with distinctive qualities of leadership
• vast knowledge on current environmental and climate policies, environmental standards, forestry and socio-ecological(example REDD+,FLEGT-VPA,RSPO,ABS) would be desirable
• Good knowledge of English and French, German would be a great asset
Starting date: as soon as possible
Duration of contract: One year contract, renewable
Applications deadline: 19th February 2014
Sealed applications should be addressed to the Human Resources (HR) Manager GIZ Regional Office Yaoundé-Cameroon, P.O. Box 7814 Yaoundé or to email@example.com.
Envelopes should be anonymous and addressed to the HR Manager mentioning “Job Offer: Head of antenna ProPSFE South West”.
GIZ Regional office is located in Bastos , Yaoundé behind the Russian Embassy. .