International Mining and Infrastructure Corporation plc (“IMIC”), listed on the Alternative Investment Market of the London Stock Exchange, is seeking to establish an important asset-ownership position in the global mining sector through investment in mining and related infrastructure.
IMIC plc, an equal opportunity employer, is recruiting one Project Controller for their operations in Cameroon.
Reporting to the COO, (s)he will ensure that project objectives are met on time and within budget by monitoring and measuring progress regularly to identify variances from the plan so that corrective action can be taken, if necessary. Project Control is an important part of Project Management, it encompasses: Scope of Work, Time and Cost.
Key Role – Accountability
- Checking and approving invoices in terms of hours spent, rates that should be applied, relevant task, exchange rate, etc. We already have four major contracts(Hatch, CREEC, SRK and ERM) and others are being finalised(Mott MacDonald)
- Scope management: ensure that the scope of work as detailed in the contract is covered in a proper way
- Schedule management: ensure that the main milestones and particularly all tasks on the critical path are completed as per plan
- Project deliverables: ensure that they are received and approved by the project manager(completing criteria and formal signoff)
- Change control Management: review, approve and coordinate changes to the Scope, schedule or cost
- Reporting and communicating on the project status
- Risk analysis: identify events that could impact the project and preventive and corrective measures
- Analyze and report project progress and resources requirements(manpower, etc).
- Prepare presentations/reports to the consultants/Company management.
- Consolidate data in the schedule and in project cost reports for management review and approval.
Key Candidate Qualifications
- Degree in Engineering, Business or equivalent combination of education or experience
- Qualified Project Management professional with 5 years experience.
- Additional cost engineering/accounting experience and analytical/numerical skills is a plus.
- Ability to plan and and manage multiple tasks/projects
- Strong influencing, negotiating and communicating skills at all levels of internal and external audience.
- Highly IT literate, fully conversant with project management softwares such as MS Project etc.
- Bilingual French and English.
Interested candidates with above profile are invited to send a curriculum vitae and a motivation letter in either French or English to: firstname.lastname@example.org before 31st March 2014