The North West Development Authority(MIDENO) acting as the Executing Agency of LIFIDEP informs the general public that the government of the Republic of Cameroon requested and obtained from the Islamic Development Bank(IDB) funding to finance the Livestock & Fisheries Development Project(LIFIDEP), in the North West Region. The main objective of this project is to contribute to poverty alleviation and economic growth of Cameroon, in general and the North West Region in particular.
Within the context of setting up the PMU, the following position is re advertised and open to all Cameroonians with a maximum age limit of Fifty Five(55) years at the time of application
1.0 PROJECT COORDINATOR
The Project Coordinator shall be responsible for the following:
- The overall day-to-day management of the project, including coordination of procurement, financial management and M&E
- Coordination and supervision of the activities of the PMU experts, all the implementation partners and focal points responsible for the implementation of the specific sub components to ensure smooth implementation at all stages of the project
- Coordination with other donors and relevant programs/projects
- He/She shall report to the Executive Agency(Director General of the MIDENO) and the Steering Committee of the Project
The Candidate must have at least a Post Graduate Degree/Masters Degree in Animal Science, Veterinary Medicine, Agricultural Economics, Rural Development or any other suitable qualification, equivalent to a Masters Degree(E.g. Economic Development and Management, or related disciplines)
The candidate must have the following experience
- At least 10 years working experience in senior Management positions
- A good knowledge of project design, management, implementation arrangement, monitoring and evaluation, procurement procedures of goods, works and services by major donor donor institutions(E.g IDB, ADB, World bank financed projects)
- Strong project management skills, including ability to provide strategic guidance develop work plans and manage budgets and project expenditures
- Working experience in the public or private sector environment and understanding of rural sector development issues
- Knowledge or understanding of IDB processes and procedures and or other Donor organizations
- Well developed leadership, inter-personal, communication and negotiating skills, as well as ability to work effectively in multidisciplinary teams and groups.
- Excellent computer skills
- Have a perfect command of the English language and a working knowledge of French
- Should not be older than 55 years at the time of applying for the job
- Knowledge of the socio-cultural practices and some local dialects in the Project Areas as well as knowledge of the Project Area on intervention will be an added advantage
Timing and Outputs
The Project Coordinator will be offered a one-year contract renewable for up to six years, subject to satisfactory performance.
2.0 COMPOSITION OF THE APPLICATION FILE
The candidate’s file shall comprise:
- A stamped hand written application
- A detailed and signed Curriculum Vitae
- A letter of motivation(stating exactly how you will go about doing your work within the framework of your professionalism.)
- Certified copies of the qualifications mentioned in the CV
- Certified copy of the Birth Certificate
- A Medical Certificate of fitness of not more than three(3) months old
- A Certificate of Non-Conviction of not more than three(3) months old
All files should reach the Director General’s Secretariat latest 9th April 2014 at 3.30 pm.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to be present for interview and/or written test on a date to be announced.
For more detail Job Attributions and complementary information, please contact the Secretariat of the Director General of MIDENO.
Telephone: (237)33361661 / 33361378 P.O. Box 442, BAMENDA