CALL FOR CANDIDATURE FOR THE RECRUITEMENT OF A PROJECT ACCOUNTANT FOR THE LIVESTOCK AND FISHERIES DEVELOPMENT PROJECT(LIFIDEP) OF THE NORTH WEST REGION
The North West Development Authority(MIDENO) acting as the Executing Agency of LIFIDEP informs the general public that the government of the Republic of Cameroon requested and obtained from the Islamic Development Bank(IDB) funding to finance the Livestock & Fisheries Development Project(LIFIDEP), in the North West Region. The main objective of this project is to contribute to poverty alleviation and economic growth of Cameroon, in general and the North West Region in particular.
Within the context of setting up the PMU, the following position is re-advertised and open to all Cameroonians with a maximum age limit of Fifty Five(55) years at the time of application
Under the supervision of the Project Coordinator, the Project Accountant shall, inter alia, be expected to carry out functions in relation to financial management, procurement of goods and services, accounting management, administrative management, management of stocks and equipment and reporting.
Qualification The Accountant should have at least the following qualification:
– Bachelors Degree in Accounting with at least Ten(01) years working experience in senior positions in Projects of similar nature,Category II Microfinance Institution, and Full fledge Banks(First Rated Bank)
– Professional Accounting Certification with at least 7 years working experience in senior positions in Projects or similar nature, Category II Microfinance Institution, First Rated Bank with a substantive proof of his/her expertise with some experience.
– Masters Degree in Accounting with at least 5 years working experience in senior positions in Projects of similar nature, Category II Microfinance Institution, First Rated Bank with a substantive proof of his/her expertise with some experience.
The Accountant should have working experience and knowledge in the following areas At least Five(5) years active affiliation to a recognised International Professional Accounting body Procurement and disbursement procedures of some multilateral donor organizations such as the World Bank, IDB, AfDB, IFAD, EU, French Development Cooperation, etc.
Internal and external audits/control measures Preparation of Financial Statements Project Budgeting Functioning of revolving and project special accounts Stocks and equipment management Computerized Accounting systems Timing and Outputs
The Project Accountant shall have a minimum age of 35 years and a maximum age limit is 55 years at the time of application and he/she shall be offered a one-year contract renewable for up to six years,subject satisfactory performance.
2.0 COMPOSITION OF THE APPLICATION FILE
The candidate’s file shall comprise:
– A stamped hand written application
– A detailed and signed Curriculum Vitae
– A letter of motivation(stating exactly how you will go about doing your work within the framework of your professionalism.)
– Certified copies of the qualifications mentioned in the CV
– Certified copy of the Birth Certificate
– A Medical Certificate of fitness of not more than three(3) months old
– A Certificate of Non-Conviction of not more than three(3) months old
All files should reach the Director General’s Secretariat latest 9th April 2014 at 3.30 pm.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to be present for interview and/or written test on a date to be announced.
For more details on Job Attributions and complementary information, please contact the Secretariat of the Director General of MIDENO.
Telephone: (237)33361661 / 33361378 P.O. Box 442, BAMENDA