Job Announcement – HIV Trainer Consultant
The United States Peace Corps Cameroon is recruiting Training Consultants for use on an as needed basis.The position requires a great degree of energy, flexibility and creativity and includes traveling to remote locations within Cameroon sometimes to deliver training.
The Training Consultant is required to facilitate workshops and other training events as needed involving Peace Corps Volunteers and host country nationals according to Peace Corps’ training standards. The technical areas of need include HIV Prevention, Care and support for PLHIV and OVCs as well as community based approaches to HIV programming.
- Preparing training workshop content and materials
- Facilitating training workshops
- Submission of training reports
- Conducting assessments prior to training and post training events
- Other additional tasks as will be specified in ToR.
Applicant must be a Cameroonian citizen or have authorization to work in Cameroon, must not have been employed in intelligencerelated activities, and must submit an application that clearly documents how she/he meets each of the following qualifications:
- University degree in Public Health, Social Sciences or related field (or have equivalent, senior level experience in the field of HIV/AIDS);
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in HIV and/or program administration trainings
- Experience designing and implementing technical training for adults (Peace Corps and/or PeaceCorps in country training experience is a plus);
- Demonstrated technical knowledge in HIV/AIDS education and behavior change communication;
- Understanding of and experience in gender issues;
- Knowledge of HIV/AIDS programs and structures at the national, regional and community levels;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in French and English. Ability to understand,explain and communicate technical material in both languages;
- Demonstrated superior writing and reporting skills;
- Demonstrated cross cultural skills (preferably with Americans);
- Demonstrated experience working effectively in a team;
- Willingness to travel extensively under difficult road/lodging conditions;
Only candidates who meet the above qualifications will be considered.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants must submit the following:
1. A cover letter addressing your qualifications (reflecting the required qualfications cited above);
2. Current resume or curriculum vitae;
3. Three references capable of attesting to your work performance (at least one reference must be a supervisor). Applications may be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
. Indicate “Training Consultant” in the subject line.
Hard copy applications may be mailed to:
Deputy Director of Management and Operations,
Peace Corps B.P 215 Yaoundé
No telephone calls or personal visits
Thedeadline to receive all documents, including your telephone number is by close of business (12:30) June 15, 2014
.Only candidates selected will be contacted
For more information visit http://cameroon.peacecorps.gov/jobs.php